My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Sunday, July 06, 2008

why enchantment?






I think that the previous image woman with bears is actually from Edmund Dulac , sorry Kay Neilson. I have ordered the catalogue , 2nd hand from amazon as its first publishing has sold out.I am inspired by these illustrations because they are not hiding their aim at enchantment,we seem embaressed by this today in much contemporary art as it can be a fine line between nostalgia for an age ,which I feel can be depressing as there is no connection to now , the past is seen as other and golden and gone. It is of course not gone, its essence if eternal is still here , albeit in another form.Which leads me swiftly on to my latest obsession .... neon , neon highlighter pink, yellow and orange . It is going into all my work at the moment, clothes and drawings , whatever !

No comments: