My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

oh you know..I have lots of work to do for the finals but sure the blog is fairly important in the whole scheme of things for me.....






so much is happening all around me , a tree which was white is now pink and there are goldfinches everywhere.... I haven't much to post but here a few things taking up space in my mind right now......
first up is the first actual typewritten words I zelously typewrote out today after tracking down some ribbon (thanks dad),if you are in England you can get it in Rymans that wonderful stationers.I really hoped that I would be able to bring the lilliput back to life. It was only two euros ! and was never used much,its from 1975.I am going to have lots of fun with it and I have already got a project in mind ...yep you cant stop me .
next is this slightly spooky little doll I picked up at the latest carboot love fest ,it is v.v.v old and needed to be rescued ,its looking after my work in progress at the moment along with my rose quartz angel, they both feel full sure that this is going to be a break through painting (no lie )
a detail from said painting of the wren that actually flew down and sat in front of me outside the supermarket the other day , just staring up at me ,which I thought a little rude , but goodness aren't wrens too cute and perfect.
a packet of pegs ...well they are quite joyful and woodblocky and um....
this childrens animal costume pattern is the best ,I love it ,it isn't mine but I found it on a cool etsy site of ....patterns! its sold ! look you will have to do an old school copy and paste if you want to see their other dress patterns from 1920 up to 1970;s (www.lindentree.etsy.com) you know how busy I am right now !
I hope that everyone is enjoying the summer and are pleased to be able to revisit some old summer dress friends xx

No comments: