My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

needlework illustrated and needlewoman&needlecraft 1950's magazines






Today, I had the lovely job of looking through one of my favourite collections ....its for a feature in a zine (which is run by the sweetest young woman) click on the title of this post to get to BFR mag.(this gal is going to do great things and she is still SO young)
It was great using my scanner ,which I don't seem to use as much as I thought
It took absolutely ages and to be honest taking photos is easier !
I have posted some of the images that I liked best, they are all from the above mentioned magazines.

7 comments:

Laura said...

hi jane-thanks for giving me the name of Bill Traylor- i will definitely look him up. great photos, and the needlepoint parakeets are beyond amazing. cheers!

Fine Little Day said...

Treasures, indeed!

Ester Kiely said...

These magazines are so nice! I must photograph some old magazines I bought in a French flea market to send to you!

gini said...

waou cooL blog! thank you for sharing and thank you for your comment!!
xx
gini

Jane O Sullivan said...

thanks everyone
...I knew that peeps would like these :)
can't wait ester,
hi gini, elisabeth and laura too.......thanks for sharing your fabby inspiring images too.

Top bird said...

Sounds like fun - I love the budgie embroidery! xx

charlotte lucy said...

oh they are so beautiful, my grandma used to have suitvases of these under her bed...i wish i had them now!

xxx