My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Monday, October 05, 2009

like I was saying there is always more....

stepping back into outside over there..
glass painting(this looks fine as an image but in reality ,it is all peeling off ,so it has to go......:( )
2008
this doll sold on saturday at my market stall to a DOLLMAKER ! isnt it great to know they (dollmakers)are out there
bella
the young woman character in this intriging H.e Bates book
page from ongoing scetchbook
all that connects us is our tears
ink on paper
2009
I am sorting through all of my work,trying to decide what to keep but a lot I have to let go off.....
( ....its space I crave, to actually feel/see new images that are trying to come into my work......)
I like something in these images though and I SO love this front cover of a 1940's book ...its definately resonating with me.
Unearthing new from old is what my whole art seems to be about anyhow .

4 comments:

Laura said...

"unearthing old from new" a beautiful phrase as are these lovely pieces you are sharing. thank you!

charlotte lucy said...

i wish i knew a dollmaker - i would quit college to apprentice at that!

xxx

BARBARA RYAN said...

the fluorescents in the last drawing are brilliantly insane!
xx

Fine Little Day said...

Dollmaker, sounds like a neat job.