My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Friday, February 19, 2010

day must follow night .....

scetchbook
one of my beloved old cinema posters
just one of a load of lifedrawings I did on tuesday ...I am ok with this one :)
me TODAY !! on my bike
clifton burt (excuse misspelling ,if you see this clifton !)

funny old week , started life-drawing its for six wednesdays ...two and a half hours with a 15 min break , it was lets say , challenging , but I am grateful for the oppurtunity as its virtually non existent here outside of a college setting.
Then I found a great flickr set of one of my absolute fave artists kiki smith ...its here if you are interested and here too
She makes me feel giddy and has acheived all the work I would love to do in this life :)...she is amazingly prolific.
Then to follow with this theme of looking outside of my world for once:)....I have posted a fave image I found in an old visual research notebook from college and its by the amazing clifton burt (he is so funny , the way he writes ..so cool)
One of his many projects is folkobject and I dare you not to be inspired♞
oh, and there is more ...always more
these words are keeping me afloat today by the artist herbert pfostl when talking about work

one must make space for the miraculous to find the miraculous...

to find the miraculous outside of religion is work..

to not give in to the inane chatter everywhere is work

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ have a lovely weekend y'all x

10 comments:

nath said...

i like the found letters poster and your yellow tights. i will investigate the links. bit hard to type right now as i have just painted my nails... red obviously.

bon weekend friend X

Jane O Sullivan said...

good girl nath ...one must keep up appearances at all times dear .
You will enjoy the links ,great that you called by :) x

at swim-two-birds said...

wow, that is a supernice photo you made with that poster jane! have you seen that movie?

Jane O Sullivan said...

nope renilde I havent ...but I would like too
thanks for your visit

Laura said...

wow jane. i will use this post all week for inspiration. the quote is sustaining. thank you so. and i think the life drawing is exquisite -i especially love the vulnerable mid section. beautiful.

annamaria potamiti said...

Sometimes I wish I could come to your studio and just have a long talk- I love Kiki Smith and just posted a you tube site I found with her talking about her work two days ago in my blog- see how great minds think alike? I don't know the other links but I will definitely seek them out-I love your bicycle photo- so full of energy ! And your thoughts I will keep with me and reflect on them-

Annamaria xx

Jane O Sullivan said...

oooohhhh....w.o.m.e.n YOU ARE BRILLIANT
this is why I blog ,to find my significant others .
Well Laura , I am glad that you were touched by the lifedrawing, as I had a fairly away from the studio week due to family life and I was missing the to and fro of feedback ...but what I did is enough , I am happy to be able to inspire you both with my links and quotes that mean so much to me.....
...even tho we cant sit down in person to discuss them , it makes me feel better and less alone to know that somewhere ...in another room ,I am there ♡♡
annamaria ..the above is for you too, yep it was a frantic cycle ride ...it was sooooo cold
have a lovely weekend to you both and all my other readers ...I am blessed :)

BARBARA RYAN said...

life drawing pictures sound verry exciting! and bicycle snap is fantastic
just wondering if you have received that mini-package yet?
xx

Fine Little Day said...

What, so you're biking. Feels so far away from here, snow and ice all over. That cinema poster of yours looks dreamy. So are you you a cinema posters collector Jane?

Jane O Sullivan said...

snowing today lightly ...its been freezing cold and its hard to get a good day for the bike ....but yes as soon as its good I am off !
re.cinema posters ....I got a job lot of them years ago and they are some of my favourite inspirations :)
have a lovely week elisabeth