My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hastings garage show nearly ready....opens 6pm THIS thursday !!

my film will be going IN the little black box ! to be viewed through the gap.



yesterday with the help of dear aidan and richael I installed my show a song for edith into a great space within an old derelict garage.(it is part of a group show called INVITED which I was invited (duh ,,,to do ! )
It came at an ideal time as I feel that song for edith has become itself.
Last week I cleaned it up and painted the walls a bit , but it was already mostly white therefore easy to do .
I have just a little cross fade to smooth out on my film and all will be well , oh and re-do my artists statement .
Tommorow I will show you richaels beautifully poignant installation .

4 comments:

Cendrine said...

Ooh my pretty dear Jane !
The show in the "derelict" (I love this word) garage looks great ! I'm sure you we'll be all in harmony. Your installation seems to be so tender and nostalgic and poignant too... :)

Jane O Sullivan said...

cendrine :)
thank you for your visit to me in my derelict(but hopeful space) xx

Julia da Franca said...

dear jane,
oh how I wish I could see your show!!!
I'm happy for you and that you're having such a good artwork year!

enjoy your show, I wish that you'll have many nice, interested visitors!
sometimes this is all we can get as an artist, most of the time instead of money,
good talks, meeting nice people, exchange of new ideas and inspiration.
I promised myself to stop being to shy...
have a goodl time, I wish you al the best, julia

Jane O Sullivan said...

thank you julia
for me , it is the communication with others through my work that I value most , as you say , money is rare ....but just to keep making work that matters is all I want to do !