My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Monday, September 20, 2010

london visit part two


edvard munch



Here are some more images from my trip last week .
I am feeling quite turned upside down from all the events within the visit but I know that I have to be strong and work through them ...they are the big questions about life\death, why we are here ......
Thats why I love life so much , the life of a street , a market , the people in a place ,all of this is so vibrant in east london .
The last three images are from walthamstow.
4** a lovely trimmings shop
5**a real life ....hindu chariot racing preperation !
I could not believe my luck when I chanced upon these guys washing the golden animals for the festival tommorow.
6**in a book life....hindu vahana animals ,this was a lovely book on woodcarving which was too big and heavy to cart back to Ireland , it was in a charity shop in the morning .
The amazing thing was , it pre-empted the scene above , that of the men getting their vavaras ready ,which I saw in the afternoon !
this image on cendrines suberb blog
hortus noctis is probably a vavara .....isnt it wonderful :)

No comments: