My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I look at life from both sides now ....from inside out and still somehow its lifes illusions I recall.... but still I dont know life at all.....




All work above is work in progress
ink pastel and acrylic on paper


kirsten dunst in sophia coppolas film as the young marie -antoinette on her way to meet her future husband

I like these irreverent lively drawings they make me smile :)
ink on paper

.......looking at both sides (of my drawings) as always.......... why is the wrong side always preferable ????

I enjoyed watching sophia coppolas film marie antoinette last night , it is very shallow but so beautiful....that blue inside her coach (sigh)
watch annie leibovitz on the set of the film photograph kirsten dunst for Vogue magazine.

I am so glad to be back at life drawing classes , had fun making lots of quite quick and not careful drawings :)
I am enjoying spinning around on my bike.
I actually saw with my own eyes a hare this week , I was thrilled and feel it necessary to place one soon in a drawing.

the lovely camilla engman is collaborating with ana ventura and it was good to see anas lovely blog and links.

7 comments:

Julia da Franca said...

these works in progress are wonderful, i am always in love with your very special combined colours. x, julia

Jane O Sullivan said...

bless you julia ....its never ever what I want to do ....you know , but its what I am doing , so I will have to own it :)
glad you called by .

Ritva said...

that´s what i was thinking too- love to see your work in progress!
i have marie antoinette dvd from china! my friend brought it to me- she knew i would love it!
the layers, the layers!

Laura said...

i love the work, too. beautiful jane. very moving.

Jane O Sullivan said...

that comment means a lot to me laura
thank you for making it x

www.finelittleday.com said...

Oh how nice it is to peep in to your place again Jane. Love these drawings :)

Jane O Sullivan said...

thank you dear elizabeth , your comments on my work are very welcome as are you :) x