My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

you can never hold back spring and being generally mesmerised ❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

temperance
ink on paper
jan-feb 2011

so its february all ready !
❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁
I am in love all over again with mary poppins , everything about her makes sense to me :)
The film is giving me loads of ideas.
The bird woman in the film mary poppins is a character that I am especially mesmerised with at the moment.
Look at her in this film clip.

feed the birds

I saw a hare on monday , it was nearly white because of the recent adverse weather ......have we all turned white too ??

I am amazed that it is february, although it still is definately wintertime here and I am still enjoying hibernation (with occasional forrays for food and light)
The group show finishes this saturday at 3pm if anyone reading this still has time to go , but I understand if you cannot .
I have been enjoying looking into new corners for my work in progress ....so far I am not sure where it is going .....but I trust it
I hope that all are well out there .
* enjoy
* love
* smile
* make amazing work
* and most importantly

ALWAYS BELIEVE

tom waits singing
you can never hold back spring
❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

6 comments:

Shelky Bean said...

This is a lovely happy post Jane...Made me smile **lots** to myself

Jane O Sullivan said...

I am glad that you see its happiness richael , because you are a huge part of that for me :)

Laura said...

hooray! what an uplifting post. i love the bird woman too, she was always my favorite:) happy spring!

Julia da Franca said...

i'm in love with the temperance painting!
very beautiful. xx julia

Jane O Sullivan said...

thank you both
laura (happy spring)
julia , both your comments mean a lot to me

Ritva said...

i believe!
hugs and kisses!