My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I have been to fairyland and back .......and I am going there again soon soon (I cannot wait)

please click to see the details :)

I am fortunate enough to have a good relationship with the great folk that run a local adult mental health unit .Over the last few years I have worked there occasionally as an artist with the fine people who attend these services for many varied reasons .
Feeling a little lost myself lately ,I felt drawn back to this place and decided to volunteer these last few weeks.
We have been making beautiful hats and fairy dolls for the upcoming craft fair.
Yesterday I created a set for our dolls to exist within until they are snaffled up to maybe grace someones tree or live in a new home .
I was channelling the amazing to me Victorian Fairy Painter
John Anster Fitzgerald and will be developing this work in a new project next year :)
All I know is that every single stitch is a major achievement and that I feel privledged to be able to work alongside so many lovely people.

newsflash ****
I will have three of my artists books on sale /exhibition at the dublin art book fair and magazine archive this weekend !!!!

5 comments:

Julia da Franca said...

dear jane, that seems to bee a wonderful place, i'm longing for something like that, feeling a little bit lost too... big hug and congrats for the book fair!! xx julia

Jane O Sullivan said...

well I suggest you volunteer at a similar place , you will love it I am sure , I get fed up with the isolation I experience with my work and where I live....I had to do something , somewhere someplace would love for you to come and do your thing julia :)

Anonymous said...

hello i bought one of your books at the book fair. i love it. thank you

Laura said...

it is always good to find a way through what muddles us. thank you for showing the path..xolaura

Jane O Sullivan said...

oooohhh hello lucy , that is SO amazing .My daughter loves your shop and always goes in when she is in dublin .I live in mayo and thank you for buying my work , that means so much to me . If you email me I will let you know anything re. the books :)
hello my bella laura .....thank you for your constant support , you pet , hey how jelous am I of your super productivity and a beautiful veritable book in the making , I am longing for my time back again......drawings are dying to escape !