My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

new new new !!! all the new things are shining and magical**PART TWO**



goddess of illusion
(for maya)
ink acrylic watercolour on paper and callico
april 2012

I treated myself to this insanely  vivid plant on my return from Dublin,you cannot believe the colour it actually vibrates !! (its called a senetti)
I really did love that tippett and didnt really want to sell it , what a silly doodle I am , thankfully its gone to a good home (muirreann xx)
felted wool *rabbit *silk ribbon*  hand stitching all handmade by me♡
drawings with cendrine will be published soon ,when we are totally ready and I have some lovely images of the work being made (watch this space)
creativity has no manners , it takes forever to come and then it just falls out at a torrential speed with no regard for its maker whatsoever !
I am happy but exhausted after a truelly magical and blessed week.

4 comments:

laetitia benat said...

Hello Jane, just to say that I have just discovered your world a week ago, and I really love it ! So intense and hymn of joy. Thanks !

Jane O Sullivan said...

hello laetitia !
thank you for your super comment , what a lovely way for me to start the day , I took a quick peek at your own blog and straight away felt it to be a space that I could relate to, the little faces with animal ears ...the drawings all intriguing me.

welcome and DO call back soon !

Paula Henihan said...

Hello Jane, I really like this godess of illusion. Very nice. You're inspiring to watch...so consistent and ideas oozing out of you. Trying to get the creative juices flowing over here. Erg...squeak...clunk....needs some oiling.

Jane O Sullivan said...

thank you paula !
if you only knew how much doubt and worra worra I tire myself out with , I never feel I am doing enough ,its so sweet of you to give me this encouragement.
I hope you get your mojo up and running again , it will you have been super busy , all that "stuff" will find an expression somewhere, maybe try something alien to you ....a short handmade film (make the scenes , paper ....puppets , words....) ? ,
your work inspired me when I first saw it paula , you will return
love jane x