“You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.
Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
Meanwhile the world goes on.
Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
are moving across the landscapes,
over the prairies and the deep trees,
the mountains and the rivers.
Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
are heading home again.
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
call to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting –
over and over announcing your place
in the family of things.”
* I have loved finding this drawing from a few years back
* getting my book back with a few precious pictures of leonora finis work
* pressing this beautiful leaf \frond ......its like velvet
* making elderflower cordial after my friend made me some and it excited me.
* the sun last week is a good memory on my flowers at my back door
(please come back sun)
* finding this lovely mary oliver poem really gladdened my heart
* taking my exam girls out for a well deserved treat today
***** life is hard ....but life has so much good in it everyday *****