My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Thursday, October 04, 2012

PART ONE *** An Autumn Story

 Sky , sky , sky ............
Ostara smiling
marker on ceramic
from a series of 8 plates (work in progress)
Beswick China 1950
a find from Sunday , I LOVE the tree:)
the discontented pony
noel barr
illustrated by p.b hickling 1951 
Ladybird Book
my vintage mail art collection
(unknown artist , Soweto c.1970)

Just  a tiny glimpse of what I am looking at , doing and stuff .....
Mostly I am avoiding much inside work as I know soon this magical light will  be different . I adore winter too , in a different more internal way , but I am not ready for it yet. I have been out cycling a lot and just looking at the sky .Feeling very dreamy ,bit like Merrylegs in the above image (also very spinny and distracted)

3 comments:

Cendrine said...

I have the same feeling about winter, and autumn, I love how you talk about your joy with both of them ! I always feel inspired and happy when I read your blog Jane...

annamaria potamiti said...

I love your drawign on the plate-
enjoy the skies!!XX

Jane O Sullivan said...

ahhhh thats good to know Cendrine , it just feels important to me to say these things out ! You are a sweetie x
Hello Annamaria , thank you too for your visit and glad you like the drawing x